Which Pregnancy Tests Work The Best And The Earliest
I am an LPN , and I am currently employed at a local hospital working in acute/transitional care.
A Positive Digital Error Proof Test .
Pregnancy tests attempt to determine whether or not a woman is pregnant. Markers are found in blood and urine, and pregnancy tests require sampling one of these substances. While this seems simple enough, not all pregnancy tests are of equal quality, and there are several things you should know about how pregnancy tests work before buying one.
The Best Digital Pregnancy Test
Theres nothing special about digital tests that makes them more accurate than their manual counterparts. Digital tests also tend to be less sensitive. However, some people may prefer the clarity of reading a yes or no, pregnant or not pregnant over interpreting faint lines. Digital tests can also be handy if you happen to get interrupted and wait too long to read a manual test or test strip.
Positive Pregnancy Test Faint
A positive pregnancy test result is typically indicated by a very dark, thick line across the control window and a faint line in the test window. However, a faint line in the test window does not always mean that you are pregnant. It is possible to obtain a false positive pregnancy test result if you are taking certain medications, including fertility drugs, or if you are using a home pregnancy test kit that is not accurate. If you obtain a positive pregnancy test result and you are not pregnant, you should consult your physician to determine the cause of the false positive.
Which Pregnancy Test Can You Take Earliest
Currently, pregnancy tests that give positive results earliest are the Clearblue Early Detection pregnancy test and the First Response Early Response, both of which can be taken 5 days before your period is due.
But the accuracy of the test at that point is only around 62% – not a lot more than tossing a coin. The accuracy then increases each day, until it reaches 99% accuracy the day before your period is due.
The other tests offer more than 99% accuracy on the day your period is due. Test before this and you do risk false results, or continued hope that theyre false results.
One mum, Twinkletwin, in our forum explains, This month I vow NOT TO TEST AT ALL! Im on month 18 and it’s scary how much I must have spent on negative pregnancy tests over the last year and a half!
“I always do it, but this month I vow not to. It gives you false hope, because you always think maybe I tested too early.
And Twinkle81K puts it like this: “So all I can do now is wait which is sending me quite crazy. Because clearly I have money to waste I have done a test nearly every day and today another BFN .
“I will keep you all updated on my insane wait for AF or BFP – whichever arrives first…”
How To Use This First Response Pregnancy Test
There are 2 ways you can use your First Response Pregnancy Test, and each will give accurate results, so the way you want to test is entirely up to you. Begin by removing the pregnancy test from its wrapper and removing the protective cap from the absorbent end of the test, then take your test in one of the following ways:
- Use the test by holding the absorbent end in your urine stream for 5 seconds only. Keep the absorbent tip of the test pointing downwards, with the result window facing away from the body. Do not get the main body of the testing stick wet.
- Collect a sample of your urine in a clean, dry cup or glass. Dip the entirety of the absorbent tip into the urine sample, hold it there for 5 seconds only and then remove. Do not get the main body of the testing stick wet.
When youve finished taking your test, place the protective cap back over the absorbent tip, keeping the tip pointing downwards. Place the stick on a flat, dry surface with the Easy Read Result Window facing up as you wait for your results.
Read Also: Can I Dna Test While Pregnant
Early Symptoms Of Pregnancy
What signs of pregnancy can you look out for in the first 3 weeks aside from the obvious missed period? Initially, you may not feel any different to normal, but keep an eye out for:
- feeling exhausted
- stomach cramps or strange pulling feeling in your tummy
- a heightened sense of smell
- cravings for unusual foods or disgust at foods you usually like
- a metallic taste in your mouth
- a desire to wee more than usual
- increased vaginal discharge but without itching or soreness
Does First Response Have A Digital Test
With FIRST RESPONSE Gold Digital Pregnancy Test, this gives you the option of checking if you are pregnant regardless of when you get out of the tub. The First Detecting Technology will keep you informed right from the beginning and provide you pregnancy hormone results 7 days sooner than missing an appointment. This at-home urine pregnancy test is sensitive enough to collect hormone levels as early as 6 days before you think you will.
You May Like: Can I Get Dental Work Done While Pregnant
What Is The Test Line On A Pregnancy Test
The test line is the line that appears on an at-home pregnancy test if hCG is detected in your urine. If this line does not change color turning pink for First Response then the test did not detect hCG and you are most likely not pregnant.
In many cases, when you are using a First Response test, the test line may be a fainter pink than the control line, which is sometimes quite dark. A test line can be faint pink if your urine is diluted or its very early in your pregnancy. Not-to-worry, though. Even a faintly pink-colored test line indicates a positive result. Simply put, if there is color on the test line, its time to check in with your doctor to confirm a pregnancy.
Digital Pregnancy Test First Respons
- When ready to test, remove the digital pregnancy test stick from the foil wrapper and take off the blue cap. Use the test right away. 2. Take the test. Place the absorbent tip in your urine stream for 5 seconds only. Or instead, place the absorbent tip in a sample of urine collected in a clean, dry container for 20 seconds only
- First Response Digital Yes with Clock Invalid. 05/06/2021. 05/25/2020 by CPG Health. Women love using the First Response Digital Pregnancy Test with clock because its easy to read and accurate. The product puts a Yes on the LCD screen if youre pregnant. A handy clock symbol lets you know the test is functioning.
- It is important to follow the instructions in the product leaflet. With the FIRST RESPONSE Digital Pregnancy Test you hold the test in the stream of urine for 5 seconds ONLY.It is recommended to use a watch/clock to time the 5 seconds. You may collect your urine in a clean dry cup and immerse the entire Absorbent Tip in the urine for 5 seconds only if preferred
- utes. There should be at least one pink line in the Result Window at 5
- The FIRST RESPONSE Gold Digital Pregnancy Test is a screening device intended for the early detection of pregnancy by the lay user through the qualitative detection of human chorionic gonadotropin hormone in urine , in some cases as early as
You May Like: Vagisil Wipes During Pregnancy
Don’t Miss: What Bras To Wear While Pregnant
Triple Check Pregnancy Test Kit
First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test, 4.7 out of 5 stars. 13,861. $12.98. FIRST RESPONSE First Response Rapid Result Pregnancy Test, Pack 2 Count. 4.7 out of 5 stars. 814. 4 offers from $16.21. Clearblue Digital Pregnancy Test with Smart Countdown, 2 Count 1 Test as early as 6 Days before your missed period. 2 Test Put the tip of the test into urine for 5 seconds. 3 Wait 3 minutes. 4 Read. Two pink lines is a pregnant result Read enclosed leaflet for more information about your results. This kit contains 2 First Response Early Results Pregnancy test sticks and. The 4 Most Sensitive Pregnancy Tests. 1. First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test. View on Amazon. Without a doubt, the most sensitive pregnancy test on the market is the First Response Early Result Pregnancy Test, often abbreviated FRER by those who are trying to conceive. Not only is First Response the clear winner in the group when it.
Our Pick: Clearblue Digital
If you want a digital test, Clearblue Digital is the one to get. Its easy to hold, the absorbent pad is wide , and its claimed accuracy is fairly high: 95% three days before an expected period and 75% a day earlier.
The Clearblue Digitals display is big and readable, and it has a progress bar that appears while youre waiting, so you dont have to wonder if the test is working.
Clearblue says a positive result will remain on the digital test screen for up to six months . First Responses digital test is intended to be read within 30 minutes, but my negative result remained on the screen for two weeks.
Flaws but not dealbreakers
As with all digital wand tests, this one costs more than traditional wand tests, and it makes for additional electronic waste. The instructions that accompany the Clearblue Digital instruct you to dispose of the test according to local regulations.
Don’t Miss: How To Get Energy During Pregnancy
Do Medications Or Alcohol Affect The Test
Only medications that contain the pregnancy hormone affect the result . This test should not be affected by hormone therapies containing clomiphene citrate , alcohol, painkillers, antibiotics or the contraceptive pill.
+++ Pregnyl is a registered trademark of Organon, Inc.++ Pergonal is a registered trademark used by Serona Laboratories Inc.+ Clomid is a registeredtrademark of Hoechst Marion Roussel.
How To Read Your Urine Pregnancy Test Result
After the test stick has been in contact with the urine for 5 seconds, hold the test stick with Absorbent Tip pointed down and put the Overcap back on. Place stick on a flat, dry surface with the Result Window facing up.
The clock symbol will begin to blink about 30 seconds after urine is applied. This means the test is working.
After about 3 minutes, an unmistakable YES+ or NO- appears on the Display Screen. If a “?” appears or the screen goes blank, an error as occurred. Retest using another FIRST RESPONSE Digital Pregnancy Test, carefully following all instructions.
YES+ shows on the Display Screen. This means that test detected the pregnancy hormone in your urine.
Please see your healthcare professional to confirm this result.
NO- shows on the Display Screen. This means no pregnancy hormone was detected in your urine at this time.
CAUTION: Although you may not be pregnant, it could also be too early to tell. For instance, your urine may not have enough of the pregnancy hormone to be detected, yet. If you do not get your period within 7 days, retest with another FIRST RESPONSE Digital Pregnancy Test. If you receive another Not Pregnant result and your period still hasnt started, call your healthcare professional.
Read Also: How Soon Can I Know Am Pregnant
Advantages Of Early Response Pregnancy Test
First Response pregnancy Test kit is very effective in the sense, it has the capability to detecting even the smallest amount of hCG hormone in the urine of the women. Also this test could be conducted even 3 days before the missed period. So we need not wait for a long time to know whether we are pregnant or not after the missed period. Moreover this pregnancy test has a clear cut diagrams and instructions which will come handy while inferring the results. Another advantage of using the early response pregnancy kit is that it is standardized all over the world, thus making its usage the same through out the world. Thus these kits could be available all over the world. Just like any other pregnancy test kit, the early response pregnancy kit could keep the results without fading for long time. So you can show your pregnancy test results to the doctor and your partner. Moreover there is a cap over the strip of the early response pregnancy kit which will not make the inference of the results messy. Since this type of tests almost show the positive results, there is no need to conduct a second test to confirm the finding from the first test.
Can I Do Pregnancy Test Before Missed Period
You can carry out most pregnancy tests from the first day of a missed period. If you don’t know when your next period is due, do the test at least 21 days after you last had unprotected sex. Some very sensitive pregnancy tests can be used even before you miss a period, from as early as 8 days after conception.
Read Also: How To Get Rid Of Pregnancy Without Abortion
How Do You Buy The Best First Response Sensitivity
- Is it worth buying an First Response Sensitivity?
- What benefits are there with buying an First Response Sensitivity?
- What factors deserve consideration when shopping for an effective First Response Sensitivity?
- Why is it crucial to invest in any First Response Sensitivity, much less the best one?
- Which First Response Sensitivity are good in the current market?
- Where can you find information like this about First Response Sensitivity?
buying guides for First Response Sensitivity
When Should I Take A Pregnancy Test
If youve missed a period, regardless of whether or not youre using the best type of contraception for you, its a good idea to do a pregnancy test to check.
If youre actively trying to conceive and you dont want to wait until youve missed your period, you should wait at least one to two weeks after you had sex as some very sensitive tests may be able to detect a pregnancy at this stage.
You May Like: What Are The Risks Of Smoking During Pregnancy
How Home Pregnancy Tests Work
Home pregnancy tests measure the small amount of hormones that the body produces when a fertilized egg is implanting and beginning to grow. Specifically, they contain antibodies that can pick up the presence of human chorionic gonadotropin in pee.
Two types of hCG are important in early pregnancy. The first, hCG, is a hormone responsible for forming the mechanism by which the placenta gives nutrients to the fetus. The second, hyperglycosylated hCG , is a whole different, unrelated molecule.
The two hCGs differ in when theyre present in pee during early pregnancy. In very early pregnancy only hCG-h is present, Cole said.1
Regular hCG is not produced until youre about four to five weeks pregnant. Amounts of this hormone double roughly every 72 hours in early pregnancy, reaching their peak around eight to 11 weeks, then level off for the remainder of the pregnancy. Levels of hCG in pee can vary a lot as well. If youre pregnant and its been three weeks since the start of your last period, you can have anywhere from 5 to 50 mIU/mL in your pee. At six weeks past your last menstrual period, this spread is from 1,080 to 56,500 mIU/mL. According to studies and other researchers, hCG is present at low levels in the body even when a person is not pregnant, so the tests cant be too sensitive or they might erroneously register a false positive.
False negatives, where you are pregnant but get a negative reading on a pregnancy test, are much more common than false positives.
When To Get A Blood Pregnancy Test
You might be wondering if you should also have a blood test to check if you are pregnant. Your doctor may order a test, or you may be thinking about ordering one yourself. Many labs now allow people to order and pay out of pocket for their blood work.
Before you do that, there are a few things you should know. First, there are two types of pregnancy blood tests: qualitative and quantitative.
- Qualitative tests measure whether hCG is present in your blood or urine. They pretty much give a yes or no answer as to whether youre pregnant. Or, more accurately, whether you have enough pregnancy hormone to get a positive result. Home pregnancy tests are qualitative.
- Quantitative pregnancy tests measure the amount of pregnancy hormone in your blood. This is sometimes called a beta hCG test. These are usually done to see how a pregnancy is progressing. For example, your doctor may order two beta hCG tests a few days apart to see whether the level of hCG is increasing as expected or not. This might be important if you had trouble conceiving, have a history of early miscarriage, or an ectopic pregnancy is suspected.
Don’t Miss: Can I Get Pregnant With Iud Kyleena